Effective Date: June 1, 2017
INFORMATION PROCESSED BY WE ROAM
Personal Information you provide: you may give us your Personal Information directly, for example, when you fill in forms on the We Roam Platform, correspond with us (for example, without limitation, by email, phone, Skype, zoom, or chat), register to use the We Roam Platform, access our mobile applications or services, create an account or use the We Roam Platform. The Personal Information you give us directly will usually include your name, address, email address, social media details, contact details, emergency contact details, billing information, photos, videos, voice recordings and information about your family and friends. It also includes the information provided in your application forms such as employment history and current employment details, income details, travel plans, personal and professional goals, languages, nationality and residency, passport details, background check and identity check details (including details of any criminal offences), health data, details of personal interests, lifestyle details, sexual orientation, accommodation preferences and insurance details.
Other Information we collect: each time you log onto your account or use the We Roam Platform, we may, in some cases automatically, collect the following information:
- through your device: we may collect information from or through the device you use to connect to the We Roam Platform, including, for example, the type of device, the IP address, the approximate location derived from an IP address, the mobile network, the operating system and version, the browser and version or the timezone setting or unique device identifiers.
- log information: we automatically receive and record certain details about your use of the We Roam Platform, including but not limited to, web traffic data, web logs and communication data, information about your activity on the We Roam Platform.
- other information from other sources: we work with third parties (including, for example, providers in technical, payment services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers), and we may receive, collect, store, and use information about you from them. We may partner with certain third parties to collect the Other Information and to engage in analysis, auditing, research and reporting or for use in providing online interest-based advertising on our behalf. These third parties may use web logs or web beacons, and they may set and access cookies or similar technologies on your device. They may also use information about your use of the We Roam Platform to help target non-We Roam advertisements based on your online activity in general. Additionally our website is hosted by Siteground.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We Roam may use the information that we collect from you:
- to provide services to you: we use Personal Information to provide our services to you through the We Roam Platform, We Roam trips and events, to process and complete payments or transactions and to provide customer support. We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways: to personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested; to improve our website in order to better serve you; to allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests; to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature; to quickly process your transactions; to send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services; to follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries). We also may use Personal Information to improve the We Roam Platform and to improve We Roam trips.
- to contact you: subject to applicable law, we or our third-party service and business providers may send you communications. Such communications are designed to make your We Roam experience more efficient and may include, but are not limited to: notifications about the We Roam Platform and services (including important news that could affect your relationship with us), communications about our services, promotions and our mobile application features. These types of communications may also contain commercial messages, such as banner ads and special offers. By using the We Roam Platform, you consent to the receipt of such communications and marketing information.
- for legal purposes: we may use and share Personal Information for legal purposes, including as described below in the section titled “How We Share Information with Third Parties” (including the transfer of such Personal Information to third parties in countries outside your country of residence where data protection laws may be less adequate compared to your own country’s data protection laws).
- for our business purposes: we may use Other Information to help us efficiently operate We Roam and the We Roam Platform, to count and recognise visitors to the We Roam Platform, to enable certain features on the We Roam Platform and for other purposes related to managing our business.
- for other purposes: subject to applicable law, we may use Other Information for additional purposes in connection with the We Roam Platform, including any purpose for which we may use Personal Information, as described above. We Roam may link Other Information with Personal Information. In those circumstances, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination (a “third country”) outside the country or region in which you are resident or use the We Roam Platform, including in the United States of America where data protection laws are not deemed to be as adequate as other regions (e.g. Europe). The data protection laws in these third country countries may be less adequate compared to your country of residence. By using the We Roam Platform, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing of your laws in such third countries.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users:
ACCESSING AND EDITING YOUR INFORMATION
We Roam provides you with the ability to view, update, access, edit and correct your Personal Information by contacting a member of our onboarding team. Personal Information transmitted through boards, chats, polls or any other means may remain in our databases, except to the extent prohibited under applicable law.
You may have additional rights under applicable law to access information we hold or share about you but any access request may be subject to a reasonable fee, to the extent permissible under applicable law, to meet our costs in providing you with details of such information.
SHARING INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
Subject to applicable law, we may share your Personal Information and Other Information:
- with partners and other third-party service providers: to operate We Roam trips and the We Roam Platform, including processing your transactions and supporting your activities on a We Roam trip or the We Roam Platform, we may share your Personal Information with our partners and other service providers. These service providers may provide us with support services such as origination of communications, receipt or support services, customer relationship management services and order fulfillment.
- with third-parties through their websites: the We Roam Platform may enable you to share information directly on or through websites or online services operated by third parties. For example, the We Roam Platform may contain links to third-party websites. If you choose to browse such websites, you may disclose your Personal Information to those third-party websites. We Roam is not liable for the content or action of such third-party websites.
- for legal purposes: we may disclose your Personal Information and Other Information for We Roam’s legitimate business interests or to comply with applicable law, investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our terms and conditions, or to cooperate with regulatory authorities or law enforcement, to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- aggregated information: From time to time, We Roam may also share anonymised and aggregated information about users of the We Roam Platform, such as by publishing a report or providing information to our business partners on trends in the usage of the We Roam Platform and demographic of users.
You may, under applicable law, have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from We Roam, please follow the opt-out instructions contained in each such communication or any time by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that you may not be able to opt-out of certain non-marketing communications about your account or communications that are reasonably necessary to provide services to you, and that opting-out of receiving text messages or other communications, as applicable, may impact your use of the We Roam Platform or may limit We Roam’s ability to provide services to you.
Please note that it may take up to 30 days for your withdrawal to be reflected in our systems following confirmation of your request to opt-out. Therefore, you may still receive certain communications during this period.
OUR SECURITY PRECAUTIONS