While the full-year experience remains a popular option, we allow complete flexibility when it comes to trip lengths (subject to a 1 month minimum). For more details, fill out an application here and one of our team members will reach out to discuss.
Head over to the itineraries page for our currently planned trips.
You tell us! Our itineraries are not meant to be rigid, linear trips with set starts and/or stops. As long as an itinerary isn’t full, you can join whenever you want. Our flexible platform, combined with our strong full-year demand, creates a unique dynamic where you have a core group of longer term Roamers mingling with Roamers who are rotating in and out on a quarterly basis. No matter when you start, you can bet you will have others joining at the same time as you.
Of course! The only requirement is that you stay for a minimum of 1 month on each itinerary.
Many of our Roamers have a month or two that they need to skip due to any number of reasons (from weddings to work conferences). All you need to do is tell us sufficient notice of which month(s) you need to skip, and we will plan ahead. No penalties, no holding fees. Simply rejoin after your absence and resume monthly payments.
We got you covered. You will not only have the option of jumping onto one of our many other itineraries once your original itinerary “ends”, but we specifically launch new itineraries that fit together with the others, allowing Roamers to seamlessly continue their adventure.
Your reservation fee is not a deposit. It does not go “towards” any of your monthly fees. Rather, it is a part of the overall cost of the program that we pull up front to allow us to book accommodations, flights and workspaces months in advance. This also allows us to offer a true month-to-month model that does not penalize people if they need to permanently leave the trip for whatever reason (your contract will provide additional details).
All of our accommodations have kitchens.
You need to be an interesting, collaborative, well-balanced person who currently has (or has a plan/the ability to secure and maintain) full-time remote employment during the trip.
We have a simple two-step process:
1- Submit your application here.
2- One of our team members will reach out to schedule a video call and discuss your application further, as well as answer any questions you may have.
The exact number of Roamers will vary depending on a variety of factors, but our groups are typically around 30-40 people.
Yes! Please head over to our Employer Partner page to get in touch and discuss the benefits of a partnership.
Nothing is more important to us than the safety of our Roamers and staff. We invite you to learn more about our efforts to ensure the safety and security of all of our program participants below:
1. Selecting and Scouting Destinations. At We Roam, safety starts well before our Roamers begin their trips, with the selection of our destinations. We understand that it’s not enough to just pick “safe” cities. You also need to understand the safety differences between neighborhoods on a block-to-block level. That’s why we have We Roam staff members scout each destination and accommodations prior to a group arriving. We also work closely with our local chttps://www.we-roam.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=258&action=edit#ity leads and workspaces to tap into their invaluable local knowledge and insight.
2. Embassies and Consulates. We Roam will provide the addresses and contact information for all US embassies and consulates in each available destination. We Roam will also advise all US embassies and consulates in each destination, when possible, of the group’s stay and contact information. In the event of an emergency, (i.e. natural disaster, civil unrest, etc.) the embassy will likely reach out to you via e-mail to notify you of the proper next steps. We also recommend enrolling in the Smart Traveller Enrollment Program. This is a free service which allows U.S. citizens and international citizens traveling abroad to submit their itinerary to the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. The Smart Traveller Enrollment Program allows you to receive important information from the U.S. Embassy about safety conditions in your destination, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans.
3. Experienced Staff and Local City Leads. Our highly trained, experienced program leads are available 24/7 throughout the We Roam journey. They are prepared and empowered to decisively respond to a wide variety of safety concerns and to take the actions necessary to ensure the safety of our Roamers, regardless of whether the issue is relatively minor or of a serious nature. Likewise, our local city leads are available around the clock to respond to safety concerns in coordination with our program leads and local authorities (if necessary). Most importantly, both our city leads and program leads focus on anticipating, identifying and dealing with safety concerns before they become issues.
4. Disaster Response Plan. It’s important to be prepared for even the slight possibility of a widespread disaster or event. Accordingly, We Roam works with its local partners and draws from the local embassy and Department of State guidelines to come up with disaster response plans in each location – specifically dealing with the protocol in the event of communication networks being down.
5. Global Warning System. As part of our comprehensive safety strategy, we partnered with Global Warning System. They provide specialized services, resources, and expertise to keep our Roamers safe and connected around the world. Below is a list of key safety resources and services they provide:
- Proprietary customized intelligence information
- Daily safety and security alerts
- In-depth country risk assessments
- Risk assessment training and consultation
Other questions? Send us a quick note and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!